Behind the Scenes with Circulove

The Finnish brand going to the zenith of sustainability with bio-fermentation

There's a new 'Sustainability Icon'-hero in store: The clean beauty brand Circulove gives the old hunter-gatherer expression a completely new colour ‚Äď and that might be green. Circulove collects the highest scores when it comes to diverse areas of sustainability. The Finnish brand uses all-natural, vegan, upcycled food-grade ingredients and green manufacturing to create skincare that fits every skin type. Around 85 percent of the ingredients used come from Finland ("the cleanest country in the world") which keeps delivery roots short, supply chain contacts close, and products local and seasonal. But don't worry about the remaining 15 percent: Each ingredient and its origin is listed in an extensive and thoroughly transparent document accessible for everyone on the Circulove website. The ingredients are 100 percent vegan, ecologically cultivated, or wildcrafted. They are ethically and fairly sourced from small and local farmers, as well as young entrepreneurs. The 99.8 percent pure and natural oils used within the Circulove products are made from wild herbs and plants, that have been gathered by (mostly) Finnish hands. Circulove even goes a step further ‚Äď running to the top of the sustainability zenith ‚Äď by betting on environmentally friendly distribution. Ocean-waste plastic, recycled and fully recyclable packaging, and carbon-neutral shipping included. The skincare brand keeps in line with the United Nations Sustainability Goals, and even invests in tree-planting in Finland. But what does Circulove do for your skin?

Bio-Fermenting your Skincare

‚ÄúThe billions of microbes living on you are called your skin microbiome. Optimal skin condition depends on the variety and the balance of the microbes living on and in it. Without microbes, your skin can‚Äôt perform its basic functions and the rate of skin aging increases sharply. When the skin barrier is healthy, your complexion appears smooth, clear, even-toned, and balanced. A healthy, balanced microbiome equals healthy, balanced skin. Your skin is better able to stay hydrated, deal with inflammation, protect itself from environmental stressors, deal with skin conditions (like acne or rosacea), help your immune response, and age healthier‚ÄĚ, explains the Circulove website. But how to foster your skin's microbes? Fo that, you will need probiotics. "Probiotics are strains of bacteria that occur naturally in the gut and on the skin", balancing your microbiome. Probiotics are the ideal nutrients for your skin, better than any salad bowl might be for you and your lifestyle. Usually, probiotics are synthetically added to your skincare, Circulove, however, uses a fermentation process that takes up to five weeks. Instead of kimchi or kombucha, Circulove ferments organic and wild plants in order to develop natural probiotics: "Fermented skincare basically means products containing ingredients that went through a fermentation process which in turn enhances the bioavailability of active ingredients thus being more effectively absorbed by the skin." Mixed with oils produced with gentle CO2 or cold press extraction methods, fermented skincare is a highly effective solution for your everyday skincare needs. Discover all Circulove products: CALM, SMOOTH, WASH, and DAY SPF.

Sold out

Sold out

Sold out